Our guidelines are intended to help schools get registered and stay registered. They detail the requirements of the minimum standards for the registration of schools (minimum standards).
Our guidelines outline the evidence you need to collate when:
- applying to register a school
- your school is being reviewed.
To download a copy of these guidelines, see:
About the minimum standards for registration
The minimum standards and other requirements for registration are set out in:
- the Education and Training Reform Act 2006
- Schedule 4 of the Education and Training Reform Regulations 2017.
The minimum standards for registration relate to:
- School governance — democratic principles, governance, not-for-profit status, probity, philosophy
- Enrolment — student enrolment numbers, enrolment policy, register of enrolments, attendance register
- Curriculum and student learning — curriculum framework, student learning outcomes, monitoring and reporting on students' performance
- Student welfare — care, safety and welfare of students, student behaviour management, attendance monitoring
- Staff employment — teachers' requirements, compliance with the Working with Children Act 2005
- School infrastructure —buildings, facilities and grounds, and educational facilities.
There are also specific requirements in relation to: