A qualification that marks the completion of secondary schooling is designated in the Australian Qualifications Framework as an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education senior secondary qualification.
We accredit senior secondary qualifications and courses in Victoria. We have accredited three senior secondary qualifications:
- Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)
- Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma.
Senior secondary qualifications are designed to prepare students for initial entry into the workforce, for vocational education and training and higher education studies.
An overview of the accreditation process is available in our guidelines. To access the guidelines, see:
Senior secondary courses and qualifications are accredited for a period of up to five years.
To apply for the accreditation or renewal of accreditation of a senior secondary qualification or course, applicants must complete a:
- Senior Secondary Qualification Accreditation Application
- Senior Secondary Course Accreditation Application.
Both forms are available on request. For more information, see: