Senior secondary awarding body

We register organisations to award senior secondary qualifications. In Victoria, there are two awarding bodies:

  • the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority which issues the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) and the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) 
  • the International Baccalaureate which issues the International Baccalaureate Diploma.

An organisation wishing to become an awarding body must apply to us.

An application must include evidence that the organisation meets the minimum standards for registration to award, confer or issue a registered senior secondary qualification.

These minimum standards relate to:

  • quality assurance
  • student records
  • governance and probity
  • policies and procedures
  • investigations

Our guidelines outline the requirements under the standards. For a copy of the guidelines, see:

Awarding body registration is granted for a period of up to five years.

The application form to register or re-register as an awarding body is available on request. For more information, see: