We have a new re-approval process for schools and non-school senior secondary providers enrolling international students.
The re-approval process now includes:
- a risk assessment
- detailed assessment against the:
- Commonwealth Department of Education’s ESOS National Code 2018
- VRQA Guidelines for Enrolment of Overseas Students Aged Under 18
- Ministerial Order 870 – Child Safe Standards
- assessment of the boarding facilities available to international students.
We grant approval for up to five years. Schools and providers need to apply for re-approval to continue beyond that period.
In 2019, we piloted the new re-approval process. A review found that:
- all schools that applied for re-approval were found compliant with the relevant standards at the completion of the process and were re-approved
- schools participating in the re-approval process provided positive feedback and advised that assessment reports were easy to understand and respond to.
A number of schools advised that the re re-approval process was beneficial to their operations.
For more information about the requirements for approval, see: