In October 2019, VRQA Chief Executive Officer (Director) Lynn Glover signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with WorkSafe Victoria.
As Victoria's education and training regulator, the VRQA is responsible for administering parts of the:
- Education and Training Reform Act 2006
- Education and Training Reform Regulations 2017.
WorkSafe Victoria is the statutory authority responsible for administering legislation including, but not limited to, the:
- Accident Compensation Act 1985
- Dangerous Goods Act 1985
- Equipment (Public Safety) Act 1994
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004
- Workers Compensation Act 1958
- Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013, and
- regulations made under these Acts.
The MOU sets out the common understanding of both parties and guides our information sharing arrangements.
To read the full MOU, see: