New VRQA Guidelines for the Enrolment of Overseas Students Aged Under 18 commence on 1 July, replacing the VRQA Homestay Guidelines.
Our factsheet provides clarity around what is changing and how your school should respond. To download the factsheet, see:
To be confident that your school is within the Guidelines, review any arrangements with commercial guardians or homestay agencies, checking that you have not delegated your school’s responsibilities.
Our evidence guide simplifies this process. For a copy of the evidence guide, see:
The Guidelines supplement and clarify the Commonwealth Department of Education and Training’s National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018.
- clarify how the National Code relates to the Victorian child safe standards
- clarify the school’s non-delegable responsibilities for accommodation and welfare of unaccompanied students aged under 18
- implement two new minimum standards for schools on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Course for Overseas Students (CRICOS) to provide:
- training in child safety for international student coordinators
- student safety cards detailing emergency contact information and the VRQA web address (www.vrqa.vic.gov.au)
- provide guidance to schools on what ‘suitable accommodation’ means for both homestay and boarding accommodation.
To download a copy of the Guidelines, see: