What you need to know
Trade apprentices can apply for a 100% discount on their vehicle’s registration fee from 1 July 2023. You are eligible if:
- you are an apprentice registered with the VRQA, or a Victorian apprentice who is undertaking an apprenticeship in South Australia or New South Wales
- you're currently employed in an approved training scheme
- you are using your own car, ute or van for approved work purposes, or you regularly use it to get to or from work between 8:30 pm and 5:30 am. The vehicle cannot exceed 4.5 tonnes GVM
- you hold a current Victorian driver licence (not a learner permit)
- you are a Victorian resident
- you've received your registration or renewal notice.
How to apply
When your next rego renewal notice arrives, jump on the VicRoads website to apply for the discount. You will need your VRQA registration number, vehicle registration number, and driver licence number. VicRoads will check your details with your employer, so make sure your employer supports your application before you apply.
Don't know your VRQA registration number? You can find it:
To apply online, see:
For more information, see: